Background & History
- First published information on pesticide NER in 1964 
- First official definition in 1975 by the American Institute of Biological Sciences – Environmental Task Group
- Quantification possible with 14C-labelled test substance only following combustion and liquid scintillation counting
- Process leading to reduced compound (bio)availability and decelerated degradability
- Transient stabilisation which may lead to subsequent slow release
If you want to learn more, please contact Frauke Schnitzler.
Event: SETAC Europe 2019, Helsinki, Finland